Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh My! The Far Right Must Be SEETHING Tonight! Scott Brown to Vote FOR the Dems' New Stimulus/Jobs Bill!

As I said the night Brown captured the hearts of Massachusetts Independents and won senatorial election there Against All Odds, very little is still known about this dude -- We'll have to see how he acts in the years to come in the Senate. He's already committed to voting against Obama & The Dems' massive, unpopular health care bill. That's the correct side (as far as I'm concerned). Today he agrees, along with 5 or so other repub senators, to vote with the dems on this current New Stimulus/Jobs bill.

Off-hand opinion: I like the Independence he's exhibiting (and it's hilarious how Drudge has this as tonight's headline -- like I said, the right-wingers have to be Pi$$ed tonight!, and BTW, if you've read this space for even a week, you'll know that I love when either the right-wingers or the radical far left progressive-controlled dems are pi$$ed about anything -- It's hilarious, But I digress). So, I say "off-hand" opinion because frankly, I have not studied this New Stimulus/Jobs bill to any great degree, although it does seem to be very scaled-back legislation cost-wise and, completely unlike the massive First Obama Stimulus bill (which primarily was loaded with earmarks and pork for lawmakers in both parties), the current bill seems actually aimed at creating new jobs (BTW, why wasn't this the focus from Day 1 from Obama & The Dems? -- not that it's their focus even now, as they continue to focus on unpopular health care legislation).

Anyway, from what I have read, and like I said, it has not been intensive, I have not seen a credible basis to oppose this current New Stimulus/Jobs bill. If anything, repubs seem mainly to oppose it out of spite, since that slimeball Harry Reid unilaterally took off the table a prior version of this bill that certain repubs had invested some serious time in trying to negotiate. Nevertheless, spite should not be a reason for making substantive decisions as to whether to give a yea or neah on a piece of legislation. Bottom line: I do not have a credible basis to say this bill should be rejected and, based on that premise, Scott Brown appears again to be on the correct side of things here. Good start so far for him.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2221899520100222