Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HISTORY MADE: Independents Make Their Voices Heard LOUD & CLEAR Tonight in Massachusetts


(Although I seriously doubt that DC dems are going to pay an ounce of attention, but I digress).

As to today's events: First, I must start by noting that over half of the registered voters in Massachusetts are registered as Independents. Those folks voted overwelmingly today against the radical-left-progressive-controlled Washington DC that's been created by Obama & The Dems, electing republican Scott Brown over dem Martha Coakley to fill the U.S. Senate seat formerly held by the deceased Teddy Kennedy. This is one of the biggest political upsets of my lifetime, and almost certainly the most significant one, because it puts a decent-sized dent in the total control of DC that Obama & The Dems have had over the last year, ending the filibuster-proof block of dem votes in the Senate formed by 58 dems and two left-leaning "independents."

Now, you won't hear me celebrating tonight that a republican won in Massachusetts -- I'd would have much preferred for all those Independents there to have put up their own Independent candidate in this race. But no mistake, I think it's wonderful that a bit of Obama & The Dems' grip on federal power has been loosened tonight -- And moreover, that Independents were responsible! And it also just goes to demonstrate what I've been talking about since I started this blog last spring: There are more of us angry Independents out here than dems and republicans can count, and we are fed up with this political system. And we ain't going away anytime soon. Make book on it.

(Postscript: As stated in this space earlier this week, I'll still "believe it when I see it" that Brown's victory means the death of the Obama & The Dems' massive and unpopular health care legislation. I still think these people are going to try to find some way to ram that thing right on through, although I'd certainly love to be wrong on that front.)