Friday, October 23, 2009

Pelosi Pushes for a "Robust Public Option." Say what?

Tell me, will the "robust public option" follow a "robust debate" on said "robust" option? Who talks like that, anyway? Well, dems and repubs do, and perhaps that's a small window into why both parties are so out of touch these days. I mean, can you imagine if we went around talking like dem and repub politicians in our every day lives? "Look at that blonde hottie at the end of the bar. I'm going to march right over there and engage her in some robust conversation!" "Damn, I'm running out of gas. I better get to the next gas station for a robust fill-up." "I got my fourth DUI last night. Time for some robust self-examination!" "If you look at my gal one more time, I'm gonna clock you a robust one!" OK, now I think I have a very robust headache. Trying to listen to these politicians will do that to a person.