Saturday, October 3, 2009

Look at the GOP Non-Conservatives Raisin' a Ruckus!



In the past few days, both John McCain and NY Times columnist David Brooks (pictured second above) (both of whom I very must respect) have been seriously pissin' off the conservatives, including fellow Missourian Rush Slimebaugh (links below). The way I look at it, if you're getting under Slimebaugh's skin, you're doing something right. Couple this with how the democratic Blue Dogs have been angering and enraging to no end the ultra-radical-left-wing of the democratic party (they call themselves "progressives"), and we have the makings of some very nice stuff goin' on 'round here! Now, here's the next step we need to see: Some of the non-conservative repubs having some very serious discussions with the non-liberal dems, and realizing they have a ton of common ground, both amongst themselves and with a huge swath of the population of this country. I'm looking for a starting point for a very viable, very serious, very groundbreaking, centrist third party. I think the conditions are ripe for it, if only the political players will realize what they could accomplish if they went down the road I outline above. To quote one of my favorite rock stars and songwriters of all-time -- you may say I'm a dreamer, but [hopefully] I'm not the only one. I'm very encouraged by a lot of what I'm seeing out of the non-extreme-positioned politicians and pundits nationwide these days.