Monday, September 21, 2009

"I have no interest in increasing the size of government."

That's a quote I heard tonight from Obama on one of his myriad Sunday morning television appearances (this particular one was CBS -- first link below). Here's the thing with me, and it's real simple: If you want to debate the merits of what you seek to achieve, that's great. Let's do it. But do not misrepresent to me the precise thing it is that I know you want to achieve. This smacks of the whole "moderate" act that hoodwinked so many Independents and moderate dems and repubs into voting for this guy last year. Obama: You want MUCH bigger government. So embrace it and tell me why! You WANT a single payer system, so admit that is the goal of your health care plan, and then let's debate the merits of it! But STOP telling the American people that the warm fuzzy feeling they are experiencing on their backs these days from Obama & The Dems is just a warm September rain! You have no interest in increasing the size of government? Good grief...

And kudos to George Stephanopoulos for being about the one interviewer yesterday to actually ask a few tough questions of Obama. His question on whether a component of Obama's health care reform plan was actually a tax garnered quite the hilarious retort from Obama, which I found to be very condescending to Stephanopoulos, very arrogrant, and very elitist (video at second link below). I didn't previously refer to Obama as "His Majesty" for nothing, folks, although I did cease using that moniker as it just continued to strike me as a bit too Rush Slimebaugh-esque. But it wasn't used lightly, I can tell you that.