Friday, August 28, 2009

This July, August: The Two Most Deadly Months Yet in Afghanistan.


Forty-four U.S. troops have been killed in Afghanistan in both July and August (link below). The American left continues to run for the hills on Afghanistan because wars without objectives are just fine with those hypocrites so long as a democrat is in office. I've heard some on the left claim recently, "Well, Obama said during the campaign we'd be staying in Afghanistan." Yes he did, but he talked about only modest troop increases, not the massive escalations in troop levels and spending that we have seen. And still I sit here -- months after first requesting it in this space -- waiting for Obama to use one of his national television appearances to explain in detail to the American people exactly what the plan is for Afghanistan. Because from everything I've read this year, there is no coherent plan, but instead just a bunch of chaos over in that absolute hellhole. So I wait. And it looks like I'll have to wait a while longer. I guess at least until the end of the year, after which (in election year 2010) Obama & The Dems probably won't have any interest in trying to ram-rod any additional pieces of massive ultra-liberal domestic legislation through the congress. Oh well, I've waited this long...