Friday, June 26, 2009

Cap-and-trade bill ram-rodded right down our throats by the far left powers-that-be in the House.






It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there's something ROTTEN in Denmark when this bill gets expanded by 300 pages (by ultra-liberal freak Henry Waxman) early in the morning of the same day when the dems are dead-set on forcing the House to vote on it. Those were 300 pages that were never read by virtually any of the 219 representatives who voted to approve this bill. Why the big rush? Why did this bill absolutely have to be voted on today (with 300 last-minute additional pages), despite most members of the House not reading it? I think it's pretty obvious: To fast track another piece of ultra-liberal legislation while His Majesty's slipping approval ratings will still allow these kinds of shenanigans to occur in Pelosi's chamber. Today the Wall Street Journal called this bill the single largest tax increase in US history, and it appears to me that WSJ is exactly right. I guess something has to pay for all the bailouts and the "stimulus" bill, right? And here's another thing: The completely disingenuous statements coming out of the mouths of some of these so-called "moderate" democrats tonight. For example: "I'm in a tough spot voting against this bill," said Rep. John Salazar (D-Colo.). AS IF he would have ever voted against it if Pelosi and the radical left powerbrokers who control the House would have ordered him to vote for it. I mean, $hit, he was one of the lucky ones that Pelosi allowed to vote against it since the dems had the votes to pass it. "Tough spot" my ass. And I loved the following sentence from the above-linked story: "Many of those moderate Democrats, like freshman Rep. Bobby Bright of Alabama, also waited until the end of the roll call to cast votes against the package." In other words -- the same thing I was talking about just above: These so-called "moderate" dems were very ready to vote for the bill if necessary to pass it, and only voted against it because it was not necessary for them to support it. My God, people, I've ranted and raved for 3 months now about the slimey way that these two parties conduct themselves in the halls of power of this country on a daily basis. You won't see a better example than what we witnessed today. And you vote for people in either one of these 2 B.S. parties, why precisely? For the record: I do not, and won't start any time soon. I'm not represented by anyone from these two parties, but I'm gonna keep running my big mouth until someone listens. That's a guar-an-damn-tee.
Postscript: Yeah, I'm a bit riled up tonight and it may well be a moot point (maybe) since this unread 1200-page piece of legislation will face a whole lot tougher road in the Senate than in the House. But regardless, this was some slimey politics that we saw today, and I felt compelled to speak my mind on it.