Sunday, May 17, 2009

White House jokes that new "first dog" perhaps should be called "Miss California." The pathetic hypocrisy.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/axelrod-ruminates-on-rove-and-miss-california/

The completely disingenuous nature of such a statement, from a White House that has previously very clearly taken the position (never retracted) that it (like Miss California) opposes gay marriage, is frankly sickening. It's real simple with me: Take a position and, for better or for worse, stick to it and defend it. Or hell, even flip flop. Even that's better that trying to walk both sides of the fence. Hey, gay marriage is very much an issue I care little about, because it has nothing to do with me or the lives of the people that I care about and support. What riles me up is this effort to walk both sides of the fence. This White House seems to often talk out of both sides of its mouth, just like any other group of dem or repub politicians. They are no different. Hardly "Change We Can Believe In". Like I said before, just more of the boring old same.