Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Top 10 Movies of Independence now have a #10!

It's Field of Dreams starring Kevin Costner. Hard to think of a truly guy tear-jerker movie like this one that invokes all the nostalgia of baseball and at the same time parental tensions. This movie always breaks me up so much, I hardly ever watch it. Frankly, I watched it as inspiration on a certain night that I had do something crazy back in 2000 (I totally forgot about that until just now as I was typing this post -- very weird), and I haven't watched it since. The 2003 Royals almost made me watch it again, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. Maybe this year's Royals team, but probably not. I do think this is a movie made extra special by only watching it infrequently and at just the right time.

And as I mentioned earlier, while I reveal #10, I also want to reveal the also-rans at #11-15 so that you can see what just missed the cut on this list and at the same time get a feel for my movie-viewing preferences (and hopefully whet your appetites):
#11: Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid.
#12: Godfather Part II.
#13: Rocky (part I).
#14: The Sting.
#15: The Outlaw Josey Wales.