Saturday, May 30, 2009

Don't let it be said I don't call it both ways & as I see it. I've poked some major fun at Fathead (aka Robert Gibbs) this week but I applaud him 2day

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0509/gibbs_vs_uk_press_affd77a0-da39-4f9c-af46-e7c5a5bddbe6.html
...Taking on the Brits for the reports that they are publishing that torture and rape are contained within the so-called detainee abuse photographs that the New York Times and ACLU (and numerous far left liberal Americans) desperately want released. His Majesty's administration has taken the position that it would not be in the best interests of our troops abroad for these photos to be made public, a position with which I agree. Obviously, there is detainee abuse in these photos, but rape and outright torture? Who the hells knows, but does it matter? His Majesty's administration has taken the position that these photos will only further endanger our troops overseas, and such rationale (the correct one, by the way) only gains in correctness if rape and torture are in fact involved. Which gets me back to my reason for applauding Fathead (or actually, applauding His Majesty on this one, because obviously Gibbs only spouts talking points that he is instructed to say): Good for them for not trying to play both sides of the fence on this one (as they have with the gay marriage issue) -- here they have taken a position, and they are actually acting consistent with that position. I applaud that. It's good to see for once.