Monday, April 13, 2009

Disregard my opinion. I'm from a town of 9000.

I still recall the first words out of the Obama campaign's mouth when Sara Palin was chosen to be McCain's running mate: "Senator McCain has chosen fit to select a former mayor of a town of 9000 people to be his running mate." As one of the pathetic lot who sort of grew up in such a to-be-loathed town of 9000 (by the way, how is it that I can actually put complete sentences together?), that was sort of the Death-Nell (much like that which befell the KU Jayhawker basketball program on 3/18/05) for any remote chance that I would vote for a far left liberal like Obama for president. Hey Obama campaign -- go F*** yourselves for that kind of sentiment. But for the record, I didn't vote for McCain. I like him (as I do Obama) on a personal level, but I think he was a tired old man who had no business being nominated for president. And Palin, I like her too -- Babe has it goin' on all the way hot! -- I could probably never vote for her, because she's far right to the last, but alas, the same had little to do with her being from a town of 9000 or a former mayor thereof. You lost me right there forever, Obama. Have a nice day, pal.