Friday, February 19, 2010

Dems To Try to Ram Through Massive Health Care Bill? Stop The Press! That's Exactly What I've Said They Would Try Since Scott Brown's Election.

It's hilarious that Drudge headlines with this tonight, when it's been pretty clear for weeks that Dems would use the "nuclear option" (51 votes in the Senate) to shove some massive and highly unpopular health care bill that no one's read right down our throats (including a public option intended to ultimately achieve a single payer, government-controlled health care system).  As I commented around the time of Brown's election -- No way do I buy that this radical-progressive-controlled democrat party would simply abandon their massive bill without making every possible effort to shove it right up our asses (I can use a bit more language like that, BTW, now that I've returned to The Underground -- Sweet Feeling!). 

So now that it's clear to just about everyone what the dems are going to try, will they be successful?  That's much more of an open issue, but the sad thing is, methinks it's more likely than not that they will be.  I'm not exactly what you'd call a religious man, but maybe I oughta start praying.  Because as often discussed in this space, I'm convinced that what the dems are trying to accomplish through this massive monstosity of a bill is nothing good for this wonderful country -- but don't take my word:  I think the 60-65% of the American population who opposes this bullshit bill is a pretty damn good indication.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100219/pl_nm/us_usa_healthcare1