Monday, May 4, 2009

I get it -- you're angry. WRITE IT!

It just occurred to me some words of wisdom I've heard like 1000 times from that old rock legend, Alice Cooper, when watching VH-1 Classic. That channel regularly (or at least used to run regularly) this 30-second promo spot when Cooper is talking about young wannabe rock musicians talking to him and trying to tell him how angry they are, but then he hears their set or their demo and he just doesn't here that anger -- rather he just hears crap. So he tells them, "I get it, you're angry -- NOW go out and WRITE it!" I'm trying to take such advice to heart and put some of these ideas to writing even though at the moment no one is reading (hopefully we're changing that) and even though if a few of the wrong people read some of this crazy, over-the-top angry-a$$-$hit, it's probably not so good for me. Hey Cooper, I'm writin' it!